Thursday, November 8, 2012

30 paintings in 30 days, American Samoa, Day 10


Casamar employees packing fishing nets on the docks. It looks like chaos when everything is moving, but there is method to the madness. 

The last few days have been great, more people have found out about the painting project and have stopped by to check it out. The following are questions I've been asked while painting.
"How many kids do you have?"
"Will you paint me?"
"Where is your husband?" and
"Why are you doing this?" (I'll answer this one eventually and pass on the rest) 

One unexpected visitor cracked me up. Today Santa asked;
"Did you really do all these?"
 Before I could answer I had some questions of my own, like why was Santa cruising around the library? Turns out Joe is a DJ for the local radio station KSBS and will be appearing at events leading up to Christmas. I seriously admire anyone who can wear a furry suit in this climate. 
And yes, I did the paintings, 10 down, 20 to go. Painting every day is the best way to improve. American Samoa is a lively, colorful place, it's easy to find interesting subjects.  

Thanks to the Feleti Barstow Public Library and Sadie's Hotels for sponsoring this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment