Friday, November 23, 2012

30 paintings in 30 days, American Samoa, Day 23



One of the many beautiful flowers on the grounds of Sadie's by the Sea

Teuila asked;
“How do I take my artwork to the next level?”
      Teuila came to the library with sketch books filled with beautiful graphic designs. Her potential was easy to recognize. Making a living with artwork is a long process of trial and error. Producing products that sell from original designs is possible and I told her some of the things that have worked for me. I used to make refrigerator magnets and greeting cards with a desk top printer and set up a booth at the cruise ship dock in Pago Pago. Some days I did well, other were not so good. It is easy to give up when nothing sells. Her designs would easily translate to silk screen and fabric design and I hope she continues to draw and find ways to get her artwork out in the world. It takes perseverance to find people who care about what you do. Don’t quit Teuila, you can do it!   

1 comment: