Wednesday, November 14, 2012

30 paintings in 30 days, American Samoa, Day 16

Samoana High School students  waiting for the bus.



Hunter, Rose and Gregg stopped by to check out the painting project. Gregg asked;
Do your hands get tired at the end of the day? Do you get tired of the project?

When I used to do construction work my hands got tired pounding nails, but so far they haven’t from painting. I get eye strain if I paint fine detail for too long and sitting all day is a pain in the … But I’m not tired yet. Painting isn’t boring, although watching painting must be like watching grass grow. I admire guys on the street who can whip out a painting in five minutes with a spray can. It’s fun to talk to people who stop by, so I doubt I’ll get tired of this project. Last year I did 90 paintings in 90 days on Molokai and then slept for a week. Thirty are little easier. The point is to be a better painter by pushing myself to practice every day and to be able to paint more spontaneously. 




Samoana Sharks are the high school football team. Without knowing that, this office might be a little intimidating.


No comments:

Post a Comment