Wednesday, October 19, 2011

90 paintings in 90 days, Day 17, Fresco Shell

     Fresco Shell
     I was telling my friend Chris, an amazing fine art printer (printthatimage.com), about other web sites that feature artists who paint every day. One artist claims to be the founder of the painting every day movement, although it isn't an original idea. Picasso for one did similar exercises with lithographs and it's well worth doing, I guarantee you'll find out where your strengths and weaknesses are. The exciting thing about painting is that there is always more to learn.       The paintings don't always come out like I imagine, at some point they take on a life of their own. While I was thinking about cave painters, because they may well have painted every day too, this shell happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment