Thursday, October 13, 2011

90 paintings in 90 days, Day 11, Spam Musubi

      Spam Musubi


     Personally I think the best Spam musubi on Molokai is sold at the gas station. They keep it hot in a little oven. While Spam and rice wrapped in seaweed isn't for everyone (right, like Spam is),  I guarantee that if you spend enough time in Hawaii you'll not only get over your initial disbelief, but will eventually learn to love it. One day you too will find yourself in line at the gas station just because you got hooked on hot Spam and seaweed for breakfast. Yum.


2 comments:

  1. Like this one a lot.
    But no, I don't think that I would ever like Spam. Hummmm but thinking back, I was at one time in love with scrapple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had to look up scrapple, clue; it starts with scraps (duh moment). Do the Pennsylvania Dutch call junk email scrapple? Some kids don't know what real Spam is, maybe not a bad thing. The food in Mexico is way better, lucky you!

    ReplyDelete