Tuesday, February 21, 2012

90 paintings exhibit, Molokai

Thank you! To the wonderful friends who showed up and the people who wondered in with curiosity and a smile. Showing a series of paintings finishes a project, like a wrap party. A few shows have felt like a wake, but this wasn't one of them. Great turnout and I'm glad I own fewer paintings. It didn't rain, which is sad for the island, but easy on artwork displayed outdoors. I wish I'd taken more pictures, but it was so fun to talk to people I forgot. My sister helped me set up, even wore her thumb out jamming thumbtacks in the corners then stayed and helped, like everyday. What a gal. Next will be large paintings of horses and dogs in oil and starting on next year's calendar for Sadie's Hotels in American Samoa.
Maria and Mickey, thanks for making the art show possible (please visit The Warehouse Marketplace next to Friendly Market in Kaunakakai to peruse work by a number of talented Molokai artists). All the best!!




  

Noel, thanks for helping! And for making me laugh, glad   
you were there, it's always fun when you're around.

2 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! You did it! You are riding quite the wave, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Paula, The opportunity to do the work is such a gift. I'm ready for the next creative adventure. What are you working on?

    ReplyDelete